NYSSLHA's 56th Annual Convention
CALL FOR PAPERS
April 8-9, 2016
Saratoga Hilton and The Saratoga Springs City Center
The Opportunities of Change...together towards tomorrow
To turn today’s changes into tomorrow’s opportunities we must explore current research, societal changes, expert opinions, and the regulatory environment that are impacting the field of communication sciences and disorders. We can build on these discoveries and plan how they can positively impact our service delivery models, workplace structures, collaborative practice models, and our professional expectations.
The Convention Programming committee is looking for presentations that help our attendees navigate the environment we work in today and what will be coming tomorrow. Sessions, whenever possible, will utilize hands-on activities, simulations, and practical applications.
The selection of proposals will be based upon:
- the quality of the submission, and
- the degree to which the paper fulfills the theme, and
- the evidence-based support materials.
Preference will be given to sessions that:
- include hands-on and/or direct clinical application,
- discuss prevention of communication disorders,
- discuss working collaboratively with other professions, and
- are at an intermediate level of instruction.
All submissions must include the following:
- Call for Papers Form
- Session Title with presenter name(s) and credentials
- Abstract of 75 words or less
- Summary of 500 words or less
- Time-Ordered Agenda
- Short, professional biography for each presenter
- Learning Outcomes
- A completed Instructional Speaker Disclosure Form(s) for EACH presenter.
- Cited References
The deadline for submission is October 1, 2015.
Call for Papers Form